Thanksgiving Project #5 - Reflections

Today, for my project, I am going to reflect on ten things about being thankful that have occurred to me this week.
- Being thankful doesn't change your circumstances.
- Being thankful isn't necessarily a warm fuzzy feeling - sometimes it is a decision you make to turn off the "Now I'm Worried" voice inside your head.
- Being thankful is a little like wearing your ring on the wrong hand to remind you to take out the garbage. It feels a little weird at times. There you are grousing about something small and suddenly the ring (thankfulness) twists on your finger and you say to yourself "Oh right, I was going to be thankful. "
- Being thankful opens your internal eyes to catch God doing some mighty interesting things that you might have missed otherwise. (the beautiful sunrise you see because you had to get up to get your son to early morning class)
- Being thankful means that you have to have an open heart - not a closed one. And having an open heart means that you might begin to have open hands as well. (e.g. Giving to the food bank because I am grateful that I have enough food to put on the table)
- Being thankful shows up the stain of hypocrisy. - How can I say I'm being thankful when I'm nursing thoughts of grumbling about slow drivers in the left lane?
- Being thankful gives you the opportunity to look at yourself as a "have" not a "have not".
- Being thankful is like exercise. It is necessary for your mental and spiritual health. (I suppose one could look up scientific experiments about it being good for your physical health too - if you are thankful, then are you 'happier' and therefore have lower blood pressure and a better heart?)
- Being thankful is a reminder how important to verbalize to others the gifts they give you by being in your life.
- Being thankful is a better way to define your life.
Hope you have a great day - with open eyes, open hearts and open hands to pass on the gift of thankfulness!
Comments
like yours.
I like yours.
D-0
You have inspired me to pause and process my own life and be Thankful. What an incredible week this has been reading your blog.
Thank you!