Logic

Last night, my husband came home from working hard all day. He was just in time for the nightly routine of a cuppa tea. As we sat, chatting about the day's events, he looked into the dining room. Usually, this is what he sees.

I have created a little 'romantic vista' above the buffet and hutch. I leave it there during the year, to add some dynamic interest (don't you just love that decorating term? - I came up with it myself).

However, last night, this is what he saw:


The first question out of his mouth was "Why are the lights on?"

I answered with womanly logic. "Because, Saturday is November the First."

Naturally, he was a little confused.

Then the 'lights' came on for him too.

His wife is practicing for November the Fifteenth.

She's getting the lights warmed up for the advent of winter fun.

That's when the snowmen usually wake up and join the lights to add their festive voice for celebrating the season of "Coziness".

He just shook his head, and wisely took another sip of tea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom