It all started with the fly on the wall

Have you ever read that children's book? It's a classic in our house. The book describes a series of events that unfold because there was a fly on the wall - each one is more wild and crazy than the one before.


That's how I felt yesterday. I had on my list to work on the housework. I was hoping to finish the whole house by the end of the weekend. It has been sadly neglected.


What was the fly on the wall you ask? Well, it was my #1 son deciding that he wanted to create more connection rather than competition with his brother. After a serious chat, they moved the Wii downstairs into the office. This way they both can play, rather than having to ask each other's permission for access to the other brother's room.


I was so impressed by the maturity and brotherly kindness. I decided to lend a hand to the boys as they moved their stuff in. The problem was, that they didn't have anything to put the Wii and all the paraphernalia on. We went on a mission to look at various options. The best one seemed to be, to take the chest out of the music room, and bring it into the office. It would hold everything needed nicely. The wicker basket with music supplies was emptied. It will do nicely for storage of the various games. They were happy.


However, I was now left with the musical instruments all over the floor of the music room because I'd been storing them in the chest. So I went on another mission to see if I could come up with a good solution. I really don't like having stuff out all over the place.

Aha! In the dining room was the deacon's bench which was storing blankets. If I took the blankets out, I'd have storage for the instruments. And the next thing you know, the music room is being totally revamped. The stereo was moved close to the piano so that it is convenient to play the CD accompaniement for the piano students when I can see the numbers up close and personal. The pictures were re-hung, the little table in the entrance was moved in to make room for the antique button accordion, which had to be moved off the piano to make room for the stereo speaker.

The dining room now has much more walking room and one more chair. The downstairs blanket box has some additions [and subtractions. My #2 son has a habit of bringing down pens and pencils and paper to draw and never really keeps track of where they are. So they were collecting in the blanket box].

And as a bonus, there was some serious dusting going on (found two marbles, a pencil, a piece for the Battleship game) in all the aforementioned rooms.


Just for fun, all the laundry was washed, dried and put away and the master bedroom was reassembled from the shoe closet disaster which happened several weeks ago.


And all because
of one random act of brotherly kindness.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Save that pic for their wedding day.
Show how great buddies they were [and ARE}


and please invite me.

See U deesember ??? Hope so
Love always.. D-0

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom