HUH?


Huh?

I felt like my ears were not working today. Everything my co-worker said to me sounded like something else. In my workplace, it is common to have folks who can't hear what you are saying. I'm just not usually one of them. I thought about how frustrating that must be to constantly have to decipher what someone is saying. At least this is temporary. (No, not, Tickle Mary. TEMPORARY).

Although you can have some great stories out of it. I have a couple of favorites.

One is the doctor who met an elderly patient of his on the street. He saw Mr. Jones far away and wondered about the pretty little thing who was on his arm. "Well Hello Mr. Jones" said the doc. "You must be feeling better".
"Sure am doc. I took your advice. I got cheerful and I have a a hot mama".
The doctor was taken aback. "That's not what I said. I said "BE CAREFUL, YOU HAVE A HEART MURMUR".

And the other one I like is from my sister.
Her husband came outside after a wedding of a cousin and saw his uncle there. Making small talk, he said "Nice Wedding". The uncle looked up at the sky and said "Yep. A lot nicer than we've been having, that's for sure".

Speaking of not hearing things right, last week in one of my sessions, we were creating a song about Happiness. We came up with a line "My thoughts turn to Gladness". "Yes, yes, Gladys, let's all turn to her" said one of the members of the group. Mmm hmm....carry on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom