Best Laid Plans


Original Plan:
Sleep In
N
ew Plan:
Go back to bed

Today was one of the only Saturdays until June that I would have been able to sleep in. No guitar lessons at the crack of 'well-at-least-it-gets-me-up-and-going-on-the-weekend'. Late in the week I remembered that this Saturday would be a day for lounging around in my jammies until whenever I felt like getting out of them. What a delicious morsel of anticipation!
I began to plan for it. I'd start with staying up a little later than usual. I'd watch a movie at 10 p.m. instead of 8 p.m. I'd moved the phone downstairs where I wouldn't hear it. The "are you still in bed?" and the "oh, I'm sorry, did I wake you up?" people would have to leave a message.
Last night, I expectantly settled in to enjoy this break from routine. I grabbed the most comfortable pillows and got myself all cozy to watch the movie. I even put the timer on so that the TV would turn off automatically, in case I drifted off to sleep. (I know myself pretty well) Oh yes, ladies and gentlemen, I was in true holiday mode.
That is until 6:40 a.m.
No, the alarm didn't go off. No, the kids didn't flip on a light in the bathroom. No, the cows were all in their proper fields and none were bawling. No, the cars outside the window weren't screeching their tires. There were no sirens of emergency vehicles. No fights from the neighbours.

I




just
......



woke
......





up.


I lay there for a bit.
I kept my eyes closed because afterall, I was sleeping in!

I shifted a little to the left.

Then to the right.

Finally, I decided that I would come downstairs with my eyes closed so that my body would think I was still sleeping and heat up the magic bag.

But, no use.

I'm fully awake and it is just past seven.

"Plan A" failed, so I'm resorting to "Plan B"
Sometime today, I'm going to go back to bed
I'm not going to miss out on my holiday!

.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom