I am in a quandary. It is 5:00 p.m. and because I am the mom, it's really my job to make supper. Here's the problem. I would much rather not. How about that? Anyone mind? No one answers. Of course, I haven't asked out loud, but still....

If I asked myself, I would certainly give me permission to forgo making supper. But amongst the other members of the house, there's been a few comments flying around about the shall-we-say 'intermittent' style of meals this summer. I don't know if they say it to make me feel guilty or if it's just a simple observation. If I get defensive about it, then it makes me look guilty and then, like a revolving door, we just go round and round.
O.k. So, let me take the situation in hand. It's now 5:05 p.m. I wonder what I could whip up in say, twenty minutes. Let me wander out to the big freezer and see if inspiration is stored there. ..... Nope. But I did find a Popsicle, so I eat it.
Wander back into the kitchen. Look at the mail. Read an article I have no interest in. Remember that I was going to email Barb back about her inquiry. On my way back to the computer, I take another cursory glance at the counter. Oh look. There's the pasta I bought yesterday to make a pasta salad. Guess that's my inspiration for tonight. Pull out pot and put the water on.
Wonder briefly about putting on the oven to make cookies, but think better of it. I'd rather blog while I wait for the water to boil.
Oh, there it is, boiled. Better get the pasta out and make supper. Wanna come?

Comments

Becky said…
Ouch, you read my mind for most evenings. After a day of answering questions, making decisions, and solving problems, deciding what to make for supper seems almost overwhelming. That's when I love my husband the most, when I realize that he is going to make supper!

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom