Who moved the gnome?
We have neighbours who live very close. Close enough that we can see their house from ours. (I guess you could say they are spitting distance away from us.) Actually, one day, just to test the theory of how close we actually are, when my brother in law lived there, I shone a million-candle flashlight in the window from our back door, just to see if he would see it ...and he did. I've never seen him move that fast! He thought the police has dropped by.
"Hey!@!!!! " she said to her husband "Who keeps messing with the gnome? Did you put him like this?" He denied any involvement. I hid in the weeds so they couldn't see me laughing.
"Every time I come home, he's in a different spot" she said. "He goes in here like this" and she placed the gnome in her preferred position.
As you might have gathered, I like to have my little jokes.
These new neighbours are nature lovers. They have planted lettuce in their front garden. The one reserved for flowers. Naturally, this disappoints me because I have to look at their front garden from my house and how much nicer is it to look at dahlias than lettuce. Oh, well, that's their choice.
They do have some roses and some climbing hydrangeas that we planted in the front as well. These I can enjoy from my kitchen window. I feel a motherly concern for these plants, because not only do the neighbours love nature, but they also go camping quite often, and I worry about the plants (roses and hydrangeas) getting too dry.
So I often water their front garden while they are gone. I pay special attention to the plants I love and a I reserve just a little bit of love for the lettuce.
In the garden, the neighbour girl also has a gnome. This is not my favorite. In a word. Tacky. Oh well, also not my choice.
Last night, when I was watering their garden because they were gone for the weekend, I took said gnome, and place him on his head in the garden. I washed off his feet and he looked like he was doing a somersault.
I wasn't expecting them to arrive back last night, but they did. I was still out weeding my own FLOWERS while they unpacked their camping gear.
"Hey!@!!!! " she said to her husband "Who keeps messing with the gnome? Did you put him like this?" He denied any involvement. I hid in the weeds so they couldn't see me laughing.
"Every time I come home, he's in a different spot" she said. "He goes in here like this" and she placed the gnome in her preferred position.

Comments
Gayle
Loved your CLEENING COMPANEEEE. esp. the verse where you are rushing all the lines by abbreviating....
Your site's name just gained new meaning with me. Instead of "daily inspiration" ---- which yours IS, it has its own unique spin as "onepartinspiration"...FWIW
love, cdub...