Summer!


Well, the dust is beginning to clear. We are coming up for air. The end of the tunnel is in sight. Whatever cliche you want to use, you can probably hear a sigh of relief emanating from this house.
Two of the three are officially finished classes. One to go - but does anything really happen in the last week of school? (or the first week, or just before Christmas or just after March Break?)
Two of the three are officially finished classes. One to go - but does anything really happen in the last week of school? (or the first week, or just before Christmas or just after March Break?)
Tonight, we celebrated the ending of an era. The only child who has attended the same school all his life and his parents were invited to a restaurant with the rest of the graduates and their parents for a dinner.
I reflected how much more low-key this dinner was than the one at the same restaurant five years ago when my daughter was leaving the elementary school. I guess it's true that your first-born's firsts are very emotionally impacting. By the time my third reaches these milestones, I am more conscious of the impact of the milestone on the seasons of life that we are approaching.
I reflected how much more low-key this dinner was than the one at the same restaurant five years ago when my daughter was leaving the elementary school. I guess it's true that your first-born's firsts are very emotionally impacting. By the time my third reaches these milestones, I am more conscious of the impact of the milestone on the seasons of life that we are approaching.
I think I've mentioned how many milestones this 2008 year holds for us as a family (and me as a mom and music therapist). Tonight was the 2/3rds point.
I am so proud that we remembered the camera. Usually for the third, we forget. He looked very handsome and grown up in his new shirt and pressed pants (whatever did my husband say that he didn't think we owned an iron for?). And we'll have the picture to show for it.
I am so proud that we remembered the camera. Usually for the third, we forget. He looked very handsome and grown up in his new shirt and pressed pants (whatever did my husband say that he didn't think we owned an iron for?). And we'll have the picture to show for it.
We are looking towards a new school for him next year. Here's hoping the experience will be as rewarding as the one he is leaving.
Comments
"Mary pondered all these things IN HER HEART"
It seems you have discovered that secret