Veni Vidi Vici

I read others' blogs and I am amazed at the recipes complete with pictures that come up. Anyone who enjoys cooking is already on some sort of pedestal I will never reach as far as I'm concerned.
Generally when it comes to making supper, I am trying to fit it in amongst all the other things I would rather be doing. Or perhaps it comes as an inconvenience because I am in the middle of some project that requires my full attention.
Wednesday nights are one of the hardest nights for me to make supper. I promise I will not have the same schedule next year. For some silly reason, I booked myself into piano lessons until the early evening. That means that unless I am really organized, I am pretending to make some supper at 7 at night. (Not good. Usually it is reduced to "Hey, how does everyone feel about cereal tonight???")
Well tonight folks, I'm glad to report that as the Latin books say "Veni, Vidi, Vici" ("I came, I saw, I conquered").
In the half hour that I had between lessons, I folded clothes, put them away, cleaned up the kitchen, made a loaf of bread, and chicken noodle soup. MMM Hmm, You heard it right. I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan....
Just in case you are curious, I will let you in on my secret. Bread in the bread maker - 5 minutes prep - 3 hours to bake- throw some flour in your face and call it homemade. Soup in the pot. Pour about 12 cups of water in the pot, bring it to a boil, put dry soup mix in, grill the chicken, add it to the pot, let it simmer. During the last lesson, take a minute to put in the frozen veggies. Simmer some more.
Come out from your piano lessons and have a home cooked meal.
Let the kids do the dishes. Have a cup of tea. You deserve it!
Generally when it comes to making supper, I am trying to fit it in amongst all the other things I would rather be doing. Or perhaps it comes as an inconvenience because I am in the middle of some project that requires my full attention.
Wednesday nights are one of the hardest nights for me to make supper. I promise I will not have the same schedule next year. For some silly reason, I booked myself into piano lessons until the early evening. That means that unless I am really organized, I am pretending to make some supper at 7 at night. (Not good. Usually it is reduced to "Hey, how does everyone feel about cereal tonight???")
Well tonight folks, I'm glad to report that as the Latin books say "Veni, Vidi, Vici" ("I came, I saw, I conquered").
In the half hour that I had between lessons, I folded clothes, put them away, cleaned up the kitchen, made a loaf of bread, and chicken noodle soup. MMM Hmm, You heard it right. I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan....
Just in case you are curious, I will let you in on my secret. Bread in the bread maker - 5 minutes prep - 3 hours to bake- throw some flour in your face and call it homemade. Soup in the pot. Pour about 12 cups of water in the pot, bring it to a boil, put dry soup mix in, grill the chicken, add it to the pot, let it simmer. During the last lesson, take a minute to put in the frozen veggies. Simmer some more.
Come out from your piano lessons and have a home cooked meal.
Let the kids do the dishes. Have a cup of tea. You deserve it!
Comments