The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Ahhhhh. A quiet moment and actual space to sit and blog. Blog blog blog. So tonight, I am going to share with you the good, the bad and the ugly. No particular reason. It just is a good title. And because it's my blog, I will name it what I want.




First: The Good: "The Soccer Award"

My husband was awarded the "Abbotsford Soccer Association Coach of the Year" award. Yep. He has been coaching for ten years, and this year, for the first time, he has been honored by the community association to which he has literally given thousands of hours. I am so proud of him. He has deserved to be honored way before this but I am particularly proud of the fact that he has been given this in the final year that he will be coaching this set of girls.
He has given himself not only to the game, but the life-coaching of the girls as well. Many times, I have seen him putting himself out for the various life changes that have happened to his team members - good life choices, bad life choices, deaths of family members, celebrations of various achievements. He has invested himself in many kids over the years - boys and girls - and he also has modeled sportsmanlike behavior in all aspects of the games. WAY TO GO BABE!!!!


Second: The Bad. : "The I'm Gunna Box"

This weekend, I conquered the "I'm gunna" box. This is the box that I have been tossing various and sundry things into it for several weeks now in an attempt to keep things looking as if I have everything under control. My mantra for it was "This is the box I'm gunna get at as soon as things return to normal". It was getting quite full and so I finally got at it on Saturday and went through every item. (For the record: I don't believe that anything has returned to "normal", but it was a good project for a rainy day.) My #1 son helped me. The rule was, that once you touched an item, it had to be dealt with before you could move onto another. He passed me papers and I put them away, threw them away, read them, raised my eyebrows at why they were in the box in the first place....it was amazing what was in there.

Third: The Ugly: "The Broken Toe"

Nice kid but she's not too coordinated sometimes. This was the result of the adrenalin rush of getting the "I'm Gunna" box done. Yahoo! I felt so good about that and so I decided to attack another area - the dreaded spare room. While I was sorting through things, (and finding an amazing amount of cables and cords and telephone jacks....which a certain person in my house is loathe to give up...and I will just say that person is not a female...) I whacked my toe on the bed post. So yep, this is the ugly. So much for the exercise program! And the high heeled shoes. Or any shoes that are not completely flexible. Or the pedicure. Or the photo shoot at the fashion show.

Comments

Jennie said…
-Way to go, Chad!
-I had a whole room of 'I'm Gunna''s just the other day, that I got all sorted out and put away! I thought about you while I was doing it.
-Ouch!!
Anonymous said…
Ouch! I can almost feel the pain from here! Hope your toe is feeling better soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom