Milestones...and it's not the restaurant
Sometime ago, I told you that I was invited to a celebration of my 15 years of service for my place of employment. The event took place this week. I was very excited to attend. I knew it would only involve a minor amount of time for me to walk up and accept my pin. I knew the pin was very small. But it was very important to me to go to the ceremony. This was a significant milestone to me, as are many more coming up this year.
There were about 90 people there. If you had worked 10 -20 years, you got a pin. If you worked for 25-35 years, you got a present. One man had 30 years of service and he chose a pearl necklace to give to his wife. I thought that was so sweet. It was amazing to me how many people I knew in the organization. It is quite large and yet I recognized many people from various areas of contact.
When I reach milestones, I like to mark them somehow. I guess it's like in the Bible where the children of Israel were asked to mark certain places with stones so when they passed those areas again, they would remember how God had taken care of them.
My mother in law had said that she would take me out for supper to mark the occasion. This evolved into a pre-ceremony tea break. That was nice. I wasn't allowed to bring anyone with me. Them's the rules. But my boss sat with me and came up and had her picture taken with me. That was nice too.
I decided however, that I should have another way of celebrating and so I took myself shopping. Contrary to my husband's opinion, it was not a case of retail therapy. It was a case of finding a pile of stones for a remembrance. In this case, the pile of stones turned out to be a clock. I love, love, love the clock. It is not only a reminder for me of the time I have spent working as a music therapist, but it is a nice addition to our home. I am sharing the picture with you today so that you can help me celebrate this milestone in my life.


Apparently, they are flying off the shelves because everyone thinks that it applies to their family. In this purchase, my husband is right. This sign was retail therapy.
There were about 90 people there. If you had worked 10 -20 years, you got a pin. If you worked for 25-35 years, you got a present. One man had 30 years of service and he chose a pearl necklace to give to his wife. I thought that was so sweet. It was amazing to me how many people I knew in the organization. It is quite large and yet I recognized many people from various areas of contact.
When I reach milestones, I like to mark them somehow. I guess it's like in the Bible where the children of Israel were asked to mark certain places with stones so when they passed those areas again, they would remember how God had taken care of them.
My mother in law had said that she would take me out for supper to mark the occasion. This evolved into a pre-ceremony tea break. That was nice. I wasn't allowed to bring anyone with me. Them's the rules. But my boss sat with me and came up and had her picture taken with me. That was nice too.
I decided however, that I should have another way of celebrating and so I took myself shopping. Contrary to my husband's opinion, it was not a case of retail therapy. It was a case of finding a pile of stones for a remembrance. In this case, the pile of stones turned out to be a clock. I love, love, love the clock. It is not only a reminder for me of the time I have spent working as a music therapist, but it is a nice addition to our home. I am sharing the picture with you today so that you can help me celebrate this milestone in my life.


Apparently, they are flying off the shelves because everyone thinks that it applies to their family. In this purchase, my husband is right. This sign was retail therapy.
Comments
You earned it with all those years of toil and tears. [rhymes with ears]
We always knew what you could do.
And are so proud of what you are.
Love, and hugs from one who hugged you first.. your everloving Daddy.