All by myself....
As I write this, I am alone, although there are seven other people in my house. They are all busy doing thier own thing and so am I. I don't know if you've noticed, but I haven't been blogging as frequently lately. I can only say this; I have been having fun working on a big project and it has taken up a lot of my time. So just to get you updated, I am going to give you the ABC's of my life lately...
A - A lovely catch-up tea with a valued relative/friend today. It was the first time I'd seen her new place. It is so great to be able to picture her in her surroundings as I savoured the time we spent together.
B - Been working on a big project for a big birthday. It has proven to be challenging and fun and frustrating and rewarding at the various stages of the project. It is all ready for the big event! Hopefully it will arrive in time.
C - Couldn't think of a better way to make my way through today than to stop at PetroCan for a coffee and a cinnamon bun. I have discovered that their buns are more delicious and fresh than Timmies. Don't know if that is a good thing but there you are. MMM Good!
D - Don't know if I told you but I am celebrating so many milestones this year and each one as it happens is seared onto my heart and I am pondering this stage of my life with much anticipation and wonder- as in I wonder where all that time went!
E - email - I check it often just in case - and when I check it, it is always nice to hear from others and their journey.
F - Found a program on the computer that I thought was irrevocably gone. It was like finding an old friend. There was so much information that I needed and wanted ! Love it when technoloy works and I can figure it out.
G -Got some new information about Hormones by attending a seminar this week. Did you know that you should be eating 3 pounds of broccoli a day? Hmm. How about 1 pound of broccoli every three days? Even that's a stretch.
H -halogens -- 'cause mom's gonna light up red (either anger or embarassment) once she finds this -- HI MOMMY! +++++++this last comment was compliments of my son.+++++ guess he's computer savvy too.
I - internet. I don't know what I'd do without it. It is a form of intertainment. [I hope you all got that joke.]
K -Killed two birds with one stone this week by changing up my schedule to attend a very informative meeting about some music therapy work.
L - Learned several new skills these last couple weeks to do with upgrading my computer skills. Like "Mail and Merge", and "alphabetizing lists". Wow! It makes one feel so savvy!
M - Made another attempt at organizing my paper work.
N -Need to get my house cleaned.
O - Outright laughed when after listening to the song he'd practiced I asked the student"What's on the next page" and he replied "Another song". Oh right!
P - Put my foot in my mouth a couple of weeks ago when I was helping to set up the Grad Fashion Show. I felt the chyrsanthemums and realized they were terribly dry. There was at least fifty of them. And they were going to have to last until the next day. So I asked the coordinator if she wanted me to water them. She gave me a really funny look. Then she said "they are fake". Okee dokee then, I'll just find another job!
Q - Quit feeling guilty about not being able to do things right the first time. I'm not perfect.[That may come as a shock to some of you]
R -Re-confirmed my intention to do another seminar on Music Therapy in April. I am going to try and produce a Power Point presentation. Wish me luck!
S -Scrabble Story from a good friend . I asked her if she liked to play Scrabble. She said she didn't because when she was young, her mom wanted the kids to play Scrabble but she would take so long to figure out what word to play, that they would get bored and leave the table and go do something else. So the mom would play all their tiles and then come out several hours later to announce who'd "won".
T - Tried to hire tutors this week. My daughter wondered what the process was like. "Do I just hand him my work, and he does it for me???" Uh...no...hunny....
U - Underwent a few adrenalin rushes. Like learning that the band trip was Thursday to Friday, not Friday to Saturday. [Found this out on Thursday]
V - Vehicle was given an oil change and new transmission fluid and air filter. Now I can justifty flying along on the freeway????
W -Words of wisdom from my first born son who commented "I look at girls like fog. You can see it, but you don't know what's in it...and you'd better watch your step". Very funny and very insightful I thought...
X - Xamined the state of my towels and decided it was time to buy some new ones that weren't ripped and frayed and stained beyond recognition.
Y - You might be wondering what I am doing this weekend? Well, one thing I will be doing is going with my husband to look at a greenhouse. I am getting itchy for planting.
Z - Zipping up to bed now.. Thanks for reading.
A - A lovely catch-up tea with a valued relative/friend today. It was the first time I'd seen her new place. It is so great to be able to picture her in her surroundings as I savoured the time we spent together.
B - Been working on a big project for a big birthday. It has proven to be challenging and fun and frustrating and rewarding at the various stages of the project. It is all ready for the big event! Hopefully it will arrive in time.
C - Couldn't think of a better way to make my way through today than to stop at PetroCan for a coffee and a cinnamon bun. I have discovered that their buns are more delicious and fresh than Timmies. Don't know if that is a good thing but there you are. MMM Good!
D - Don't know if I told you but I am celebrating so many milestones this year and each one as it happens is seared onto my heart and I am pondering this stage of my life with much anticipation and wonder- as in I wonder where all that time went!
E - email - I check it often just in case - and when I check it, it is always nice to hear from others and their journey.
F - Found a program on the computer that I thought was irrevocably gone. It was like finding an old friend. There was so much information that I needed and wanted ! Love it when technoloy works and I can figure it out.
G -Got some new information about Hormones by attending a seminar this week. Did you know that you should be eating 3 pounds of broccoli a day? Hmm. How about 1 pound of broccoli every three days? Even that's a stretch.
H -halogens -- 'cause mom's gonna light up red (either anger or embarassment) once she finds this -- HI MOMMY! +++++++this last comment was compliments of my son.+++++ guess he's computer savvy too.
I - internet. I don't know what I'd do without it. It is a form of intertainment. [I hope you all got that joke.]
K -Killed two birds with one stone this week by changing up my schedule to attend a very informative meeting about some music therapy work.
L - Learned several new skills these last couple weeks to do with upgrading my computer skills. Like "Mail and Merge", and "alphabetizing lists". Wow! It makes one feel so savvy!
M - Made another attempt at organizing my paper work.
N -Need to get my house cleaned.
O - Outright laughed when after listening to the song he'd practiced I asked the student"What's on the next page" and he replied "Another song". Oh right!
P - Put my foot in my mouth a couple of weeks ago when I was helping to set up the Grad Fashion Show. I felt the chyrsanthemums and realized they were terribly dry. There was at least fifty of them. And they were going to have to last until the next day. So I asked the coordinator if she wanted me to water them. She gave me a really funny look. Then she said "they are fake". Okee dokee then, I'll just find another job!
Q - Quit feeling guilty about not being able to do things right the first time. I'm not perfect.[That may come as a shock to some of you]
R -Re-confirmed my intention to do another seminar on Music Therapy in April. I am going to try and produce a Power Point presentation. Wish me luck!
S -Scrabble Story from a good friend . I asked her if she liked to play Scrabble. She said she didn't because when she was young, her mom wanted the kids to play Scrabble but she would take so long to figure out what word to play, that they would get bored and leave the table and go do something else. So the mom would play all their tiles and then come out several hours later to announce who'd "won".
T - Tried to hire tutors this week. My daughter wondered what the process was like. "Do I just hand him my work, and he does it for me???" Uh...no...hunny....
U - Underwent a few adrenalin rushes. Like learning that the band trip was Thursday to Friday, not Friday to Saturday. [Found this out on Thursday]
V - Vehicle was given an oil change and new transmission fluid and air filter. Now I can justifty flying along on the freeway????
W -Words of wisdom from my first born son who commented "I look at girls like fog. You can see it, but you don't know what's in it...and you'd better watch your step". Very funny and very insightful I thought...
X - Xamined the state of my towels and decided it was time to buy some new ones that weren't ripped and frayed and stained beyond recognition.
Y - You might be wondering what I am doing this weekend? Well, one thing I will be doing is going with my husband to look at a greenhouse. I am getting itchy for planting.
Z - Zipping up to bed now.. Thanks for reading.
Comments