Seven Random Things

I am feeling random. In no particular order, for whatever it's worth, here are seven random things about me.
7. I don't wear tons of it, but I like jewellry. I got a ring from my husband's grandma which I wear on my right hand. It has three clusters of diamonds. Also on that hand I wear the anniversary ring which my husband gave me when I was pregnant with my daughter. It used to cradle my original wedding set, but that set was stolen.
6. I believe in setting goals. I like to look back on goals that I have set, just to see what happened. Some of the goals I have reached have been in setting aside time to be with my children, learning organizational skills, finding people who will pray with me, and some finanacial goals - which if I told you about them, I'd have to kill you.
5. I used to think I loved all cats. But we have had a few 'not so great cats' and I have changed my mind. One of my memories of cats is Bandit. He was brought to me on the day that my sisters left to go overseas for a year. He was a lively cat. My dad wasn't a fan of cats to begin with, but I think he felt sorry for me having to say goodbye to my sisters and let me keep Bandit. One of the things that struck me funny was the fact that when we got the cat spayed, my dad sent half the bill to my sister who'd had the idea in the first place.
4. I have learned to love flowers. I'm actually getting better at identifying various types of flowers. Not just daisies and roses and carnations. The flower garden that we planted just before my mom died gave me such comfort upon my return, that every year since, I have worked a little more to make sure that I have lots of flowers to enjoy during the growing season.
3. I hate crafts. Well, a little more specifically, I don't like reading instructions to do crafts. If someone will show me how to do something, I don't mind learning that way. If I learn a craft, I make everyone in my studio audience one and then I stop. Which explains the randomness of my craft box. One needle, three acrylic paints, embossing powder, and a couple of pieces of wood.
2. I was going to have four children. I had names picked out for them. Nicholas Scott was one. Until the future father of my children said "Nicolas Pickolas". That was the end of that.
1. I make really good blueberry muffins. I just don't make them very often. Once I tried fooling my family by buying a mix. That didn't go over at all. They were not fooled and they were not impressed. I think the dog liked them though...
Comments
But thanks for persisting in putting down your thoughts.... your candidness and randomness and descriptiveness revive "I do that, too!!" in your readers.
Thank you for taking time for us, even when we don't return that to you in the form of a reflection.
You do us good!!!
xoxox