Maxine

I love Maxine.



You know the one I am talking about?



Yep, this one. To me, she's like the "Dr. Phil" of cartoons. She says it like it is and if you don't like it, she could care less.


A little while ago, I sent a card to a friend who was having a hard day. On the front of the card, Maxine is going to share a diet tip that has never failed. On the inside it says "Buy bigger pants".


I love that. Part of me would like to be like her. Never mind towing the party line. Say exactly what you think and don't worry about what other people think of you.


I think I tend to be like this most with my kids. And they have become a little Maxine-like themselves at times. For instance, when they were very small, we went for a family drive and decided to drop into Mickey "D's for a treat. We told them they had a choice - drink or an ice cream. Son #1 chose a drink. Then as we drove away, he realized that the ice cream looked so much better and he wanted the ice cream. WAHHHHHHH! The dam burst and the tears started and the wailing and gnashing of teeth. As we tried to console him, and assure him that it was going to be o.k., my daughter looked at him from her car seat and stated "You get what you get".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom