Looking Back #2

As I have pondered the year that was 2007, I realize that blessings have been mine in abundance. I didn't always recognize it or acknowledge it, but here's a good opportunity to list a few other blessings from the past year. Not only did we have the chance to travel in 2007, but there were so many other things I look back and thank God for. Here's a partial list:

  • The steady support of friends and family
  • Wise counsel which helped me make it through some tough decisions
  • A great job where I get to exercise more than just my musical skills
  • Affirmations from clients about the services that I offer
  • Laughter
  • My husband who gives me a good dose of reality therapy mixed in with compassion
  • My kids who have grown so much as young adults this year
  • A growing sense of the global community who serve God faithfully
  • A place to live where I enjoy a mix of country and close-to-town activities
  • My garden which gave me so much pleasure when I drove in the driveway

I am also thankful for blogging. I know that sounds a bit funny. But in blogging, I have run across some really great people and made contact with them - I even ventured into Becky's [http://random-ponderings.blogspot.com/] classroom one day, a complete stranger, just to tell her that I was enjoying her blog. I had found hers by blog-lurking on Lovella's [http://lovella-at-home.blogspot.com/]. I am sure she was a little taken aback by the encounter, and I felt a little silly at first, but I have enjoyed the contact since. And blogging has given me a chance to express myself in a public forum. I like figuring out what I want to say and how I should say it. And so many of you have encouraged me in this. So I guess another thing I am thankful for in 2007 is you cyber readers! Here's to 2008 - the year of Transition!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom