Back to Work

Today, I received an invitation to celebrate my "long term service award". I wasn't aware that I was old enough to have a long term service award! What a shock~! It happens in February. Oh my! What will I wear, what should I say in my speech??? [I don't think I'll be given the opportunity to give a speech, but perhaps I should make one, just in case I am called upon?!] So many questions, so little time.
After two weeks holiday, it is a little hard to be thinking about going anywhere tomorrow that doesn't allow me to pad about in pajamas all day. The comfort for me is that I know I generally feel this way after a long(ish) holiday and usually I ease back into routine with very few bumps in the road.
I truly feel blessed to be in a job that allows me to enjoy using many skills and encourages me to learn new ones. I have a wonderful team that I work with and their support of me in my music therapy skills and their interest in my input into the other parts of what happens with the clients is truly an inspiration.
So I return to work looking forward to the interesting connections that will happen this year, and the inspiring stories of people who are making the best of life in sometimes very difficult circumstances. I hear so little complaining about aches and pains. Mainly, I hear and see attitudes of "can do" in spite of the limitations that have been put on them.
And I am looking forward to trying to inspire piano students to love the music that they make.
I am truly blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom