Too Much Egg Nog?

I do not like egg nog Sam-I-Am. Not one little bit. It is as far at the bottom of "drinks I'd choose off the tray" as I can get. Sometimes, I wish I did, because I might have an explanation for some of the crazy things that have come out of my mouth lately. "Oh that silly thing? That was the egg nog I was drinking. " "It couldn't possibly be a lapse of my short term memory, or that my hearing is bad, or that the "right= word= retrieval= button" in my brain has a sign on it "OUT OF ORDER".

Last week we attended my young son's first band concert. Two teachers ran the program. One introduced himself as "Mr. Dodson" who taught French and Music. By and by, there was a break in the program, and we were allowed to help ourselves to goodies. "Mr. Dodson" walked by me and my husband. I said in passing " Now he teaches French and something else here. What is it again????" To which my ever loving and patient husband replied...."Hm....I am not sure...wait a minute...it is coming to me....". Alright alright, no need for sarcasm. I can't help the effects of the egg nog.

Today, I was with my daughter at the Dr. She has a habit of telling me when she sees people she knows from school. Sometimes she attaches their name, other times, she just says "I know that guy". There was an East Indian lady with her son in the waiting room. Eventually, we were called into the office to wait for the Dr. to arrive.

My daughter made some comment that sounded like "I have Bobby Penh". To which I replied 'Whose Bobby Penh?" , thinking that she was telling me that she knew the boy in the waiting room. She reached into her pocket and pulled out a BOBBY PIN. Umm...I'm going to have to lay off that egg nog so early in the morning!

Later this afternoon, my son and I were looking for new black shoes and new black socks to go with his new black pants, which were to replace the "old" black shoes and pants, which he'd only worn twice before he grew two inches and couldn't fit into them again. His concert dress code requires full tuxedo=type outfit. This morning when he performed, he wore worn-out black jeans and black runners which didn't fit. He finished off the look with black socks which had green Christmas trees on them. And he stood in the front row. Last time I baby sit that kid!

Anyhow, it was late afternoon and I was tired. I had run around all day doing what a mom does best - putting out fires, and cheering on her kids. We were in the shoe store and some kid was screaming in the next aisle over. My son looked at me and said "is that a pig?" The first thing that came to my head was "No it is a child". What came out of my mouth was "No it's a cat.". Boy oh boy, I wish I liked egg nog.
.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Too funny!

Gary's the only one in our family who likes egg nog and yet he always offers us a glass in the hopes that one of us will take him up on it some day. Last night when he offered some to the girls Paige's quick retort was, "I'll take 2 eggs, hold the nog."
Jennie said…
Who's Bobby Pehn?? That's funny stuff!!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom