Peeling back the tape Part Two


O.k. it's another day closer. I am getting so excited to reveal what my celebration is about. That will happen tomorrow. I am thinking that I will offer a little something to whoever can guess what it is. You can leave a comment if you like with your guess. How about this...I will send you a coupon for a coffee at Timmie's if you put your guess in and even if you are not right...you could win.

While you fill out that ballot, I will give you a little story. Everyone has their own way of celebrating Christmas. My first mother- in -law was famous for knowing all the presents she was going to get. She was very sneaky. She'd undo one or two pieces of tape just to see what it said on the box. Then she would reattach the tape and pretend that she'd never opened it at all. For a while, we couldn't understand why she always knew what her presents were. When it came her turn she'd always say "I don't need to open this, I already know what it is". I think she liked the wrapped presents more than the contents.

O.k. everyone, you only have until tomorrow to enter this contest. Send in your names and guesses as to my celebration!

Comments

Fiona said…
You're turning 40!

You lost 10 pounds!

Your 20 year anniversary!

That's all I can come up with.

P.S. I like your Christmas lights show.
Anonymous said…
You want us to leave you a whole bunch of ideas of what the wrapped package holds. That will be new content for the book you'll be writing...just like Sasha collected ideas for her "ToDoLists" book... And thus your "wannabe Writer" will no longer be "good for nothing", but will be RICH and FAMOUS!!

BTW: I have $1.35" left on my Starbucks B/D giftcard. You would have laughed at me "making an occasion" yesterday a.m.: Slept at 511-409, made sure to leave early enough with a couple of his apricot & almond topped muffins, plus 2 mandarin oranges; arr. at Starbucks, got my coffee, went to a table out of view of the young girls smilingly serving, and had a WONDERFUL breakfast before my 4th/5 shifts. I had a round table for two, at barstool height. It was my own private breakfast with you.
thanks!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom