Looking Back


I am looking back over 2007. New Years always makes me a bit melancholy. But tonight, I am going to turn the dial the other way and recount some of my best of 2007. This year, we have travelled more as a family than in the previous 16 years.

At the beginning of the year, my in-laws made plans for us to accompany them on their celebratory 10 year anniversary trip to Disneyland. It was so, so much fun. I had never been there before and I just loved it. It reminded me a lot of Expo '86 - lots of street entertainment, rides, food, new experiences and people to encounter. We came home from that trip, feeling like our bond as an extended family had been strengthened.

In the summer, my Dad flew us out to Ontario to enjoy a two-week stay with him. In that time, my immediate family experienced one of my all time favorite places - the cottage. The to-do list was incredibly long. We swam, ate, did puzzles, went for canoe rides, learned to fish, read, visited, watched the loons, ...stayed awake to watch the lightening storms. In between we got together with extended family - and reacquainted ourselves with my side of the family tree.

This Christmas saw us taking the trip to Alberta to be with my sister and her family. My Dad came too so we had a mini-reunion. This trip was one of the best visits we have had together. The kids are more or less the same age group now and they all got along so well. It was great. We BC country mice were able to enjoy all the fun of being introduced to the Alberta country mice and their expertise in snow country. Tubing behind the pick up truck and snowmobiling were among the highlights. Laughing at the silly presents for the stockings. Doing a puzzle. Doing the puzzle again when it got messed up accidentally. Swimming at the West Edmonton Mall's Waterpark. Braving the waterslides and going down the rapids in one big group. Shopping for prom dresses and cameras without having to pay PST. We were in our glory!

In between, I got treated to a five=day trip to see my sister in Alberta for my birthday. She and I enjoyed relaxing together and hanging out doing whatever our hearts desired. Shopping, chatting, going for coffee, getting a massage and a pedicure. Just what the Dr. ordered.

All right, I can see that this post is getting to be rather long, so I am going to break it up. I will recount more blessings next post.
Happy new year everyone!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I want to thank you for all your postings this past blog-year.

I always read them.

I thirst for them.

They always elicit response from me.

The response is sometimes entered as a REFLECTION and sometimes just a "thank you" in my heart..

You are a wonderful wonderful lady with a lot of talent for reflecting to us readers, a delightful, wry, and thought-provoking wakeuptothebeautyandhappeningsaroundyou which sre refreshingandaddicting

Thank you for creating this new thirst...Hey, Starbucks, Timmies, WELCOME TO THE COMPETITION...

xoxo
Anonymous said…
Sounds like you had some marvelous times last year! Here's hoping you have even more marvelous times this year. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom