What I'd say to you on the phone


"Well, it's been quite a week. " Actually, I just said that because it sounds so much more interesting than "well, I really have nothing to say, but I am going to blog anyway."

Are you still reading? Still interested in my "quite a week?"

First of all, I got some gardening chores wrapped up for the fall. I am just amazed because I replanted a "mum" almost three years ago when it was done in the pot. For two consecutive years, it came back with no flowers. Then this year, a day before the first frost, I look at it and what to my wondering eyes should appear, but hundreds of flowers just waiting to bloom. (Well, shake my head and stamp my feet). I am leaving it in there just to see how much more lucky it feels.

Secondly, the power went out. I personally hate it when the power goes out. Now this is the rant of my blog today. Skip ahead if you are feeling particularly jolly and don't want to be brought down. Why in the world, does BC Hydro have an emergency number? When you call, you can't talk to a real person. You get a recording saying they know there's lots of problems. It could be several days before they restore all the power. Thank you and have a nice day. It was particularly amusing (in a shake your head, and stamp your feet kind of way) last year when they suggested that you could find out about your power outage on their website.

Thirdly, my daughter's volleyball team is playing for a berth in the provincial tournament. I am so nervous for her. I am amazed at the amount of finesse that she is playing with in this, her last year of high school. I am proud of her leadership and her team work. Last night, I made it to the game. Tonight it is looking impossible to make it in time. I feel a little disappointed about that. She always makes it worth my while to come. "Thank you for coming Mom". That melts me right down to my ankle socks.

Fourthly, the computer quit. Bad news for this junkie. However, I pressed F10 to restore it. In restoring it, I lost all my files from my profile. The good news, is that it restored the sound card and now I can watch the YOU TUBE videos withough guessing what they are about, or trying to lip synch.
So you can see, it has been "quite a week". Now, was it worth reading all that?

Comments

Jennie said…
You have sound!!! Yay!!
Anonymous said…
YOU are so clever.

You ARE so clever.

You are SO clever.

You are so CLEVER.

You are so, clever.

YOU are SO clever!

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom