It's beginning to look a lot like...

Up the street from us, we have a neighbour who has a "Christmas cottage". She opens it up on the 1st of November. This year, as never before, the sign announcing her opening heralded the beginning of the season for me.

Yesterday, the question of the day in the men's group was"What do you consider the appropriate time to put up Christmas decorations?" Their answers were quite revealing.

A couple of them said the beginning of December or end of November. One or two said they let their wives take care of the decorations and they supervise. (I kind of liked that one..delegate and supervise) The best answer though was "Put them up in July and leave them up for the rest of the year."

I have to admit, that I am getting excited to see the lights go up. Especially since the days are so much shorter now that the time change has happened. One year, I bought snowmen which had lights in them. They lined the front of the verandah and looked so happy. They even looked happy when the dog ate their little arms off. They didn't get to go up last year, but I am hoping that my husband (see...delegate and supervise) will put them up this weekend. I am sure they will still look happy even though they haven't shone their lights in a couple of years.

Comments

Jennie said…
Yes, please put them up...I love them!

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom