One for Everyone in my Studio Audience
O.k. !!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you are sitting down!!!!!
I have to tell you about the most coolest ever thing I found the other day while looking at a local store's Christmas displays! It was serendipitous (a good Scrabble word, as well as a description of looking for what's great in life and soaking it all in). I know that some of you who are reading are wondering why I am talking about Christmas stuff in the middle of November. But I am going on record to say that I just love, love, love Christmas at this time of the year. I don't have to cook. I haven't bought many presents. I haven't spent hours baking. (ok who am I kidding? I don't really bake anyway..) I am in the middle of reading articles about decorating and "perfect parties" and dreaming of to make home and office festive. All the plans are on the calendar and I don't have to show up for the scheduled events yet. So I like to look at Christmas stuff this time of year. I like to have the lights up outside. I like putting up 'winter' displays around the house. It makes me feel FESTIVE. So we never have to talk about this again alright? All those Scrooges out there rolling their eyes may now put them back in their sockets.
Anyway, I digress. I am talking about serendipity and I will not be drawn into a negative rant. (although I came close). As you die-hard readers may know, the snowmen came out last week and found their way onto mantels and tops of cupboards. Two of them are outside on the front porch with some trees and garland. They look very festive, but there was one problem. No light. I was planning to put up some lighted garland but that didn't work due to electrical improbabilities. So what to do, what to do????? Such a delicious dilemma. I went on a search.
I found one little battery-operated candle. It shone it's little heart out but did about as much good as a cell phone light. I decided that I needed to get a few more lights happening. But, as you know, the weekend was very busy and I didn't have a chance until yesterday.
That's when the serendipitous part of the story begins. At the aforementioned store (which first of all I wasn't going to go into but the other choice for stores wasn't opened yet), I found LED tea lights. I also found battery-operated tapers .............. I hummed and hawed.........maybe I should just get the cheapie LED tea lights. The others were three times as expensive. I have a lot of Scottish blood in me... However, in the end I bought some of each. The tapers were more expensive, but they had batteries already in the package which would save me another trip (and some choice words).
Hang on folks, it gets even better! When I put the tapers together, I discovered that they are battery operated lights that stay on for eight hours and then turn off for sixteen....back on for eight...off for sixteen. Whooo HOOO HOOO! And the batteries are guaranteed for a season! So, if you come to my house a t dusk, you will see them glowing amongst the snowmen. But if you look for them at dawn, they will not be on! Yep, I just checked and look at that! In the morning they are off. In the evening they are on. On, off, on off. Better than The Clapper. I am telling you. Life is good when you have great tools. And as the old Loreal saying goes...it cost a little more, but I'm worth it!
.
I have to tell you about the most coolest ever thing I found the other day while looking at a local store's Christmas displays! It was serendipitous (a good Scrabble word, as well as a description of looking for what's great in life and soaking it all in). I know that some of you who are reading are wondering why I am talking about Christmas stuff in the middle of November. But I am going on record to say that I just love, love, love Christmas at this time of the year. I don't have to cook. I haven't bought many presents. I haven't spent hours baking. (ok who am I kidding? I don't really bake anyway..) I am in the middle of reading articles about decorating and "perfect parties" and dreaming of to make home and office festive. All the plans are on the calendar and I don't have to show up for the scheduled events yet. So I like to look at Christmas stuff this time of year. I like to have the lights up outside. I like putting up 'winter' displays around the house. It makes me feel FESTIVE. So we never have to talk about this again alright? All those Scrooges out there rolling their eyes may now put them back in their sockets.
Anyway, I digress. I am talking about serendipity and I will not be drawn into a negative rant. (although I came close). As you die-hard readers may know, the snowmen came out last week and found their way onto mantels and tops of cupboards. Two of them are outside on the front porch with some trees and garland. They look very festive, but there was one problem. No light. I was planning to put up some lighted garland but that didn't work due to electrical improbabilities. So what to do, what to do????? Such a delicious dilemma. I went on a search.
I found one little battery-operated candle. It shone it's little heart out but did about as much good as a cell phone light. I decided that I needed to get a few more lights happening. But, as you know, the weekend was very busy and I didn't have a chance until yesterday.
That's when the serendipitous part of the story begins. At the aforementioned store (which first of all I wasn't going to go into but the other choice for stores wasn't opened yet), I found LED tea lights. I also found battery-operated tapers .............. I hummed and hawed.........maybe I should just get the cheapie LED tea lights. The others were three times as expensive. I have a lot of Scottish blood in me... However, in the end I bought some of each. The tapers were more expensive, but they had batteries already in the package which would save me another trip (and some choice words).
Hang on folks, it gets even better! When I put the tapers together, I discovered that they are battery operated lights that stay on for eight hours and then turn off for sixteen....back on for eight...off for sixteen. Whooo HOOO HOOO! And the batteries are guaranteed for a season! So, if you come to my house a t dusk, you will see them glowing amongst the snowmen. But if you look for them at dawn, they will not be on! Yep, I just checked and look at that! In the morning they are off. In the evening they are on. On, off, on off. Better than The Clapper. I am telling you. Life is good when you have great tools. And as the old Loreal saying goes...it cost a little more, but I'm worth it!
.
Comments
With you as backup enthusiasm, I might set is all out this weekend. I want to go harvest lots of prickly juniper branches and make real arrangements on deck, and on front porch. For the deck one, I'll put LED lights which look like pussywillow stalks, only the "pussy willows" are the LED lights. Very festive. Low cost, and they welcome me home as I come 1 km. up the road from the corner, after a long shift at the hospital.
Thanks for the tips on "what to shop for"... I'll sprinkle my MAGNETIC stars... ;-)
xoxo
I got them at Shopper's Drug Mart. I'm still getting a kick out of going out and peeking at them! :)