Mmmm nummm numm nummmm


Although this is not a picture of him, mmmmm nummmm nummm nummm is the sound my #1 son used to make whenever you fed him as a baby. Every single mouthful was a new experience of joy as he got to eat that mashed up food, pablum, applesauce, or whatever the day's menu held.

That's also the sound I made in my head when I looked out this morning at the sunrise. Mmmm nummm nummm nummm. How pretty it is! The pink sky, the frosted grass and trees, the snow capped mountain. I would take a picture, but it really doesn't even do it justice.

Here are some other "mmmmmm nummmm nummm's" I can think of.


  1. A great conversation with my sister or my brother or my Dad. (That's a hint, in case you are reading this...sister, brother...Dad.....)

  2. A spontaneous coffee outing with a friend I haven't connected with in a while.

  3. A crackling fire early this morning. I even got it started and I didn't have to use up the whole newspaper. GOOD for me!

  4. Finding a new use for a vase. (collecting all the paintbrushes my daughter and son use in the "oh-boy-company's-coming-better-put-this-somewhere-room.")

  5. The satisfaction of seeing my daughter develop her artistic skills. I am a vicarious artist.

  6. My new washer and dryer. (for another blog...but oh boy mmmmm nummm nummm nummm)

  7. The arrival of the "REAL SIMPLE" magazine in my mailbox today which off set the "what?-I-owe-how-much?!!!" mail.

  8. A dog who thinks its T-RIFFIC when I drive in the driveway/open the door/take her for a walk/look at her.

  9. A trip to the flower shop this week to enjoy their displays and to talk to knowledgeable staff about projects that I probably will never decide to do. Knowledge is power!

  10. A great lunch interlude with my mother-in-law this week. Spontaneous and too short...but mmmmm nummmm nummmm nummm!

Comments

Anonymous said…
MmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMarni

You sure know how to mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmake things hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmust run in the genes. That was the same sound, but on a different frequency, I am sure, your big sis used to mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmake when she was that mmmmmmmmmmmagnificent age.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmighty nice, for sure

Love and luv, x [inifinity]

The aged one.









\\\\\\\
Anonymous said…
Thank you so mmmmmmm-much dear Mmmmmm--marni for helping us look at the ordinary and find the mmmmmagnificent....

It is as refreshing as the new fallen snow....which is mmmmmmmm nummmmmmmm nmmmmmmm....

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom