Train Crossing


All I wanted to do this morning was to have a shower. So I went downstairs to find the baking soda so that I could clean the tub. That was eight hours ago. You see, once I found it, I realized the six-pack of baking soda that I bought hadn't been opened yet. So I went to the fridge to get my favorite magnetic tool to open the plastic on the six pack. Then I realized that the fridge door was dirty. So I took out a cloth and wiped the front of it; then opened it and saw that someone had spilled pop on the kick plate. So I took the kick plate off and found enough dust on the heating grill of the fridge to make a small sweater. Then I got out the vacuum and vacuumed under the fridge. While I was at it, I decided to quickly vacuum the main floor. I went to the closet to find the vacuum and lo and behold, the window cleaner smiled up at me begging me to use it. "After all", it practically said "I am foamy and you love to spray me out in designs.." So I went to get some paper towel to clean the windows and realized how awful the counter looked. And those cupboards!!!!! This whole day has been one five-minute job. Like a train connecting its cars, I have been back and forth, up and down, in and out. And I still need a shower. Guess I better get up there and clean the tub so I can.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Said the Sergeant to the wounded soldier who was waiting for the air-amublance, "Don't just lie there, do push-ups while you wait"

D-0h
Fiona said…
That happens to me at work ALL the time. I start a project and then get interrupted by a phone call which leads me onto another "quick" thing to do, then back to my project, only to get interrupted by another "quick" email and THEN my boss wants something and by the end of the day, do you think the project's done? Aaah, I feel your pain.

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom