True Confessions


I hate Hallow e'en. Not for moral reasons necessarily. But it requires so much creativity in thinking up costumes. I hate dressing up in costumes. Every time I am required to dress up [usually only if I am working on the 31st of October] , I go through possibilities in my mind and reject them one by one.


  • I could go as a cluster of grapes. No, bad idea. How would I play guitar then?

  • I could go as a pioneer. No, bad idea. I don't have anything in my wardrobe resembling a pioneer. Plus, it means a shopping trip to a thrift store for stuff that I will only be donating on the 1st of November.

  • I could go as a Soccer coach. No, bad idea. I did that one last year.

  • I could go as myself. No, bad idea. Everyone would know that I was too lazy to think of something creative.

  • I could go as an angel. No, bad idea. For obvious reasons.

You see the dilemma I am faced with. I have tried everything. I have Googled costumes for ideas. I have canvassed family and friends for ideas. Still, nothing. It raises my stress level to unbelievable heights.
Then I get to work and see everyone else's costumes. Nuns, construction workers, clowns, Cat in the Hat, bees. Now why couldn't I have thought of something easy like that? I hate Hallow e'en.

Comments

Jennie said…
Ohhhh, I hear ya!!!
Fiona said…
I hear ya, too. I usually opt out of dressing up. This year I put on my new hat (see my Whistler post) and no one wants to offend me and ASK if I'm dressed up or not. I figure, if anyone asks, I'm a "page boy." If not, I'm just wearing a hat. Could go either way! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom