The Mouse

Day One: Checked out the Brechins. Turns out they have quite a stash! Rooted around and found this and that before settling on a piece of cheese. Tasty, although not very big. Attached to some sort of device. Managed to get it out with a wee tug.
Day Two: Too lazy to cook. Decided to go to the Brechins again since they have a run-through drawer. More of this and that. Another piece of cheese. This time it was bigger but it was mashed in the same device. Took me some time to wrest it from said device. Finally had success at 0400 hrs.
Day Three: Hunger pangs hit hard today. Went to Brechins. Nothing. Had to settle on Bridge Mix...unfortunately, someone in that house had already gotten to the hard carmel chocolates. (my favorites). Had to take a chocolate covered soft mint. Not impressed.
Day Four: Went to Brechins again just in case. Device now holds an almond. Nibbled on it some. Very kind of them to wedge it in so nicely. I can sit on my haunches and look civilized as I munch. Was much too big to finish off. Left some for tomorrow.
Day Five: Brechins haven't replaced almond. I guess they are waiting for me to finish this one first. Heard a strange pinging sound as I was munching. Fortunately, my highschool mouse buddy who had the nickname "Nibbles" came around and told me that I shouldn't munch too much closer or I would be trapped.
Day Six: Almond still there in the device. It is tempting; however I have decided to leave well enough alone and not touch it.
Day Ten: After several days absence I decided to check out the Brechins again. Almond was still there. However, today it is covered in the most delicious peanut butter. I feel cautiously optomistic that they like me and want me to try it out. However, I am going to wait and ask Nibbles his advice. He is a professional after all.
Day Eleven: After a lengthy consultation, Nibbles has strongly advised me against trying the p/b.
Day Twelve: I can't help it. I just have to go by the Brechins tonight. The p/b seems to be growing on the end of the almond. I might just be able to swing a swig of it without touching the almond.
Now reporting from MOUSE UNLIMITED:
News tonight that Munchie the Mouse has met an unfortunate end. Details are yet to be confirmed, but it is widely reported that a device set up by humans was to blame. All mice are reminded that these devices are very dangerous and shouldn't be approached. Approximately 100% of mice who have tried to circumvent these devices have died.
News tonight that Munchie the Mouse has met an unfortunate end. Details are yet to be confirmed, but it is widely reported that a device set up by humans was to blame. All mice are reminded that these devices are very dangerous and shouldn't be approached. Approximately 100% of mice who have tried to circumvent these devices have died.
Comments