Counting Blessings

Somebody I read about lately, has a journal which she puts in three things every day that she is thankful for - with no repeats. I am not sure I could do that, but I am going to do a top ten for today.
- 10. The beautiful sunrise this morning which had the sun behind the clouds, making a perfect silver lining.
- 9. Safety on the road both ways from work. I saw two ambulances on the other side of the road on the way home dealing with an accident.
- 8. New jammies. Very soft. Cuddly, and just right to curl up with a book and a nice cup of tea.
- 7. An enjoyable supper time with the family. Filled with discussion and laughter and reminiscing about our family history. (A Kodak Moment)
- 6. Jeans day at work. Raising money to help out a co-worker with his financial needs while he waits for long term disability due to esophogeal cancer. A reminder to count blessings and carry other's burdens.
- 5. A great sermon yesterday which pointed out that we have an eternity dimension - so what's the harm in trying something new - the worst that can happen is that you find out it's not for you!
- 4. My family.
- 3. A day tomorrow to be able to catch up on some of my life.
- 2. God's provisions every day for our needs. I don't take it for granted. We are truly blessed to have food and shelter and love and compassion all around us.
- 10. I didn't want to count this one as the #1 blessing. I have so many #1 blessings. Today, I did a reading on not worrying. It was a great reminder to "cast your cares on the Lord for HE cares for you". As a friend of mine said "and if they are too big to cast, roll them over to Him".
Blessings on each of you dear cyber readers. I am grateful for you.
Comments