Sunday Sundae

I am sitting here. The house is quiet. I am the only one home. Even the dog has abandoned me and gone outside. I hear the laundry and the occasional computer crackling. I am realizing that this is a precursor to a different season of my life.
You see, this week, my daughter got her license. Now, she can drive without a supervisor. Today, she happily took my son to a friend's house and then dropped by a friend of hers and they went out for coffee. That was 5 hours ago. I think I am going to have to get a beeper - to signal her that it's Mom's turn to use the vehicle.

Although, come to think of it, I could milk it a little and get her to go out for groceries! Then I could stay home and have a bubble bath. Hmm....not a bad option!

I can see I am going to have to strategize this new development thoroughly .

Comments

Lovella ♥ said…
wow, this brings back memories of days gone by. Those first few times the boys would drive off the car I would immediately wait for them to return. Good thing I adapted to this life change.
Jennie said…
How can she have her license???...she's only 8 years old?!?! Oh, I guess that was 9 years ago, wasn't it?? Well, Enjoy this new season!
Anonymous said…
Hey, how is she going to pay for gas. You could really milk it by a tight exchange policy. Wow...the world awaits you!!!

thank you for so many good bloggings recently; your point of view is refreshing, and tickling!!

I've been reading out loud to Bruce.
He smiles wryly as he gazes out that back window....

xoxox
c
Anonymous said…
How are your nails--bitten to the quick?
It is somewhat freeing though--you have to admit!
JC

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom