Simple Pleasures

I like to read "Real Simple" magazine. Each month, they feature a reader and you get to know them by the questions they answer. The questions are random, but of course, as you read them you are thinking about what you would say, even as you are finding out about the person's opinions.
Just for fun, I thought I would ask myself some questions, and post the answers on my blog. I think I will enjoy getting to know myself better in this way! :)
Marni Brechin age 42, mom of three, married 19 years, British Columbia. Loves chocolate, buys mascara every two months, can get ready to get out the door in about thirty minutes, would love to take voice lessons.
1. What did you want to be when you were little?
I wanted to be a hairdresser. Before that, I had thought of being a stewardess (we still called them that in those long-ago days). Then I thought I would be a single missionary in South America. I also thought about becoming a teacher. I guess it depends on what you mean by "little".
2. What's the one thing you'll never understand?
How to read and follow an instruction manual. It might as well be written upside down as far as I'm concerned. Wait...maybe that's been my problem all along??!!
3. What surprises you most about your adult life?
How little I know about manoeuvring through life's potholes.
4. What's the craziest fashion trend or hairstyle you've worn?
I had a brown tartan poncho. I loved that poncho. And I have also had my hair cut so short that I looked like a punk rocker. I didn't love that look, let's just say it was the fault of an over-zealous hairdresser.
Neither fashion is one I want to return to.
5. What is something that your kids don't know about you?
Up until a little while ago, they didn't know that I have a need for speed when I see these young punks revving their motors at the stop light. Don't mess with the mom in the mini-van. She can take ya!
Thank you Marni, that was very enjoyable!
No, thank you, Marni, I had lots of fun. Let's do this again sometime!
No, thank you, Marni, I had lots of fun. Let's do this again sometime!
Comments
But you have done is mahvelously
Enjoyed it throughly
D-Oh