Move Over Heloise

For those of you who don't read "Good Housekeeping", Heloise is the guru of helpful hints. From cleaning products, to getting stains out, to organizing techniques nothing gets by her.
Well, I am happy to report, that I have found a few of my own techniques and I am going to share a couple of them with you. Today, I am going to talk about things for your vehicle. "Good Stuff for the Road" will be the title of my article. These are things that I have come up with on my own. So I will own the copyright. (but you can use them, with my permission).
- I spend a lot of time in my vehicle, so I like to have things in the glove box which help me to look organized. I always carry some nice notepaper (in case I drop something off at someone's house and they are not there - I can leave a nice note and it looks better than writing on the back of a receipt), a pen, scissors (you'd be surprised how many times they come in handy), and tape (sending parcels or buying a last minute gift, I am set to wrap it up and send it off). Oh yes, and I always keep some envelopes just in case.
- I buy individually wrapped Handiwipes to have in case of emergencies - good for washing hands after eating a messy meal. They take up less space, last a lot longer than the ones in the containers, and are easily passed to the people who need them.
- I keep a duplicate copy of my make up choices in a small make up bag in the vehicle. That way, if I don't have time to put it on before I leave, I can quickly put it on when I arrive at my destination.
- I always keep a little bottle of lotion handy too because a person can always top up the moisturizing effects at odd times. (while waiting.........)
- On occasion, I have brought cleaning products with me too, to wipe up the dash and inside windows while waiting. (Be careful with this one because it can fetch strange looks from passersby who are wondering who this manic person is cleaning vehicle windows in front of the school).
- Novels on CD are a great way to pass the miles while travelling. I can learn something, be entertained, or just be motivated to drive the extra mile while listening.
- I use the vacuums at the gas stations. It costs a little more, but I avoid the hassle of dragging my vacuum out to clean the vehicle and I don't have to clean up the vaccum afterwards.
- And speaking of cleaning, I get my vehicle washed at an automatic place. This gives me enough time to apply the make up that I bring with me. (this is generally known as killing two birds with one stone)
Comments