Great Idea
I read a great idea in REAL SIMPLE October issue. Every month, they ask a question and people write in their memories or opinions or helpful hints about the it. This month, the question was "what's the last thing you do at night". This person wrote in and said she writes in her "free-for-all" journal. Sometimes, she doodles, sometimes, she writes her heart, and other times, its random - such as Top Ten Reasons to Phone a Friend.
I loved that idea. She said making it free-for-all released her from worrying about not being able to think of anything to write. In it, she has a place to vent, imagine, create, ponder, laugh, cry- whatever it is that strikes her fancy in the moment.
My first thought was that I should go out and buy myself a journal for the same purpose. Those of you who know me well, know that I love paper stores. Something about them, just make me feel happy. OOOOOHHHHHHH look at all that paper! Look! Envelopes with a Monogram! Feel how heavy this stock of paper is! It will make some fine looking cards! Try these pens out! The ink just rolls out as you write! Neon Highlighters - WOW! And Sticky Notes in various patterns....Look at that container! Can you believe it? This daytimer is 70% off!
Then, inside my head, lights and sirens went off. The paper police called out "STEP AWAY FROM THE PAPER PRODUCTS!". Oh right. When the lights and sirens were turned off, I realized that I already have a free-for-all journal. It's called http://www.onepartinspiration.blogspot.com/
I can doodle (Rock You Shows)
I can do a list (Number Crunching),
I can write my heart (Random Acts of Kindness)

I can do random things (Quote of the Week)
It is right here at my fingertips. I type a lot faster than I write. The only downside is the queue for the computer - but I'm still the mom and I can pull rank if I need to!
My husband will likely be happy that this blogging habit has saved us some money at Staples- Not only that, but he will always know where his wife is! (Except for the late-night posts while he is sleeping..but even then, it's to his benefit. I am occupied and he gets to rest without me turning on the light to read).
I loved that idea. She said making it free-for-all released her from worrying about not being able to think of anything to write. In it, she has a place to vent, imagine, create, ponder, laugh, cry- whatever it is that strikes her fancy in the moment.
My first thought was that I should go out and buy myself a journal for the same purpose. Those of you who know me well, know that I love paper stores. Something about them, just make me feel happy. OOOOOHHHHHHH look at all that paper! Look! Envelopes with a Monogram! Feel how heavy this stock of paper is! It will make some fine looking cards! Try these pens out! The ink just rolls out as you write! Neon Highlighters - WOW! And Sticky Notes in various patterns....Look at that container! Can you believe it? This daytimer is 70% off!
Then, inside my head, lights and sirens went off. The paper police called out "STEP AWAY FROM THE PAPER PRODUCTS!". Oh right. When the lights and sirens were turned off, I realized that I already have a free-for-all journal. It's called http://www.onepartinspiration.blogspot.com/
I can doodle (Rock You Shows)
I can do a list (Number Crunching),
I can write my heart (Random Acts of Kindness)

I can do random things (Quote of the Week)
It is right here at my fingertips. I type a lot faster than I write. The only downside is the queue for the computer - but I'm still the mom and I can pull rank if I need to!
My husband will likely be happy that this blogging habit has saved us some money at Staples- Not only that, but he will always know where his wife is! (Except for the late-night posts while he is sleeping..but even then, it's to his benefit. I am occupied and he gets to rest without me turning on the light to read).
Comments
BTW: I'm still waiting to find out if We Won (Doing Dishes) Did we lead the pack....
Use the right accent to say it....
Some say blah, blah, blah
some say blog, blog, blog...
xoxo
R&B, rainbows & butterflies....