Father's Day #1

I have been thinking about Father's Day.
I feel so fortunate to have a Dad who loves me and who is interested in being part of my life. Some of my earliest memories are of going tobogganing with him and my sister. He would take us every Saturday morning that we wanted to go. The hill seemed huge. Then we would go to the market downtown and buy the fruits and veggies for the week.
My Dad is a rolling stone. (Not a rock star) He has modelled goal setting and going after his goals. Most of his post-secondary education came after he had kids. I remember going down to his study and interrupting him as he worked on his assignments. He never once said "could you come back later, I am right in the middle of something."


I think I inherited my sense of humor from my Dad. He doesn't worry if other people get his jokes, he enjoys the joke enough for them both. The other day in church, he got a bulletin and commented to my son "In my church, they print the bulletin right side up". .


My Dad prays too. He is aware of and keeps in contact with so many people around the world through prayer and giving.


My Dad has been a big part in my view of God. A God who delights in his children; who listens and understands. A God who wants the best for His children and who doesn't let them away with bad behavior. A God who "knows the plans He has for you...plans for good and not for harm" (Jeremiah 29:11)


Thanks Dad for choosing me! I love you. Happy Father's Day.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom