Bats in the Belfry
Last night, after I blogged about how nice it was to crawl under warm blankets, I had another sleepless night. Not because I was in Seattle either. I couldn't settle down and fall asleep. So I solved the problem by going and crawling into the bed in the basement. I fell right to sleep - only to be woken up about 20 minutes later by a banging sound (hollow...sounded like something in the flue). That freaked me out, so I went back upstairs and crawled into bed there.Fell asleep again...only to wake up 20 minutes later by the wind blowing my son's B/R door open and then shut. So I got up and propped it open and crawled back into bed.
Only to wake up 5 minutes later by my son wrapped in his sheet saying that there was a bat in his room.
So there we were in the middle of the night trying to figure out how to trap the bat in the room. A sawed off hockey stick and a thick sock blocked the way. My son went and slept downstairs.
I still couldn't sleep, so I read. Then I got up and checked my emails (not many at that hour of the night) and made a magic bag and crawled back up the stairs to fall asleep. Two hours later, it was time to get up.
After we got up, my husband insisted that I come to the B/R to see what had happened. I tried to politely refuse but he insisted. The bat was stuck in between two parts of the sliding window.
MMM.....a bat sandwich! Nothing that a little cardboard and screen removal can't fix.
Life is never dull out here. I hope to sleep through the night tonight. {God willing and the bats don't fly.}
Comments