Rhetoric


I guess it's good to be predictable. But when you can predict what they're going to say,...it makes you wonder~!


Weather Man

"Yeah, (insert name of news anchor) I don't know what happened. We had that weather system pinned down, and then the wind turned and now, we've had three months of rain. But here's the good news... as you can see by the radar, it's going taper off tomorrow to some showers followed by drizzle on the weekend..."


Hockey Player

"What do you think was missing from your game tonight?"

"Well , you know, we just have to get out there and, you know, hustle, and put out 110% and that just wasn't happening.

"Yeah, obviously, it was a tough loss. So what will you do differently in the next game?"

"Well, we gotta stay focused and hopefully, we can, you know, put our all out there and, skate faster and put the puck in the goal a little more often. "


The Bachelor

When they realize they are going home, the girls always say something like "I just can't believe it. I mean I really thought that I had met my Prince Charming. I really thought we'd made a connection.. I put myself out there and for some reason.....sniff....I.......I really feel BAAAADDDDWHAHHHH"


Mothers

"I told you to go before we left."
"Why am I the only one picking up around this place?"
"How many times do I have to tell you?".....
"Yes, I'll bring the science fair project that you left at home to school". (Secretly, we fix it up too, but don't tell the kids that)
"That bill isn't paid? Oh, well, I'll have to check on that right away!"


Cartoon Characters

"Oh no! The evil bad guy is going to destroy the world. I'd better defy all the odds and get all my wimpy friends to unite and go after him! I only have 1 1/2 minutes! Luckily, I have my super-powered popsicle stick to stick in the machine to stop the wheels from turning!


Don't even get me started on those movies about natural disasters. Someone (who can't get anyone in the government to listen to him) is warning about this terrible thing about to come on the world. There's always


  • a character who panics

  • a family with a snotty teenager {who realizes how much they love their parents,} {once the disaster unfolds}

  • an "expendable crewman" who is going to die. But not before they write a note on a napkin proclaiming their love to the person they treated like dirt at the beginning of the movie. The note is found by the hero in the dying (!) seconds of the movie.

  • And in the end it's only the first four cast members that are left to survive and wonder why.


I may be a little jaded.. But I am certainly NOT exaggerating!

Comments

Jefiner said…
Mom I miss you and I also hope your having an amazing time. I was wondering when your coming bakc on Saturday. I told you about the play that my friend is in and it is on the saturday night. Starts at seven. And she has been talkng to me about it for months.
Jefiner said…
I would have to say that you can sure take the fun out of those shows. Like man. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom