I'm Sick!

Do you ever have this dilemma? You feel lousy, but on a scale of 1-10, you aren't at 10. And you are supposed to go to work. In my growing up days if we were sick, we had to stay in bed and we couldn't do any other extra curricular activities. The nice thing was that my mom would always make time to bring a tray to me, with chicken soup and muffins [and Sprite to drink].
So now, as an adult, when I don't feel well, I have an ongoing conversation in my head. Do I feel bad enough to stay home? Or should I muscle it through and go to work? If I stay home, will I truly rest? Or will I try and get some things done on my list. If I feel well enough to do some things on my list, then perhaps I am well enough to go to work. On the other hand, I work in a health care facility and perhaps it's not a good idea to spread germs to everyone there. But then again, I can plan my day, so that I can avoid too much close contact......and on and on it goes.....
I don't think I am sick enough to stay at home today. I bought some ColdFX yesterday and it seems to have alleviated my symptoms enough to show up at work. But I have left myself an out. I'll give it a try and I can always turn around and come home. That will keep the kid in me happy and the mom in me satisfied. Besides, if I stay home, I'd have to make up my own tray.
Comments
Jane
There are things like running a business that do that to you too.
Like right now...
Kind of like "shall I stay home and drink chicken soup" on a somewhat bigger scale.
Thanks for describing it.
Just in the reading, I feel better, even without muffin & sprite ;-) clwl