Butterflies

- Bills - I just get them paid, and it seems the next day's mail brings another whack of them.
- Groceries - I'm quite sure I just went and spent 300$ on food? Where's all the cereal?
- Organization - I love what a co-worker of mine said one day about this : "I will be so glad when I get organized". Me too. Anyone know when might that be?
- Homework - I used to be so happy when I got my homework done. But there was always more the next day- usually accompanied by a test announcement just for good measure.
- Housework - The verse that I have claimed for this one is Ecclesiastes 1:9 "What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun."
- Memory - I could have sworn I put the cheque in the envelope before I mailed it - until I looked in my daytimer this morning and found it there - in another envelope I clearly had intended to mail to the same person.
- Harmony- It's why they're called Kodak moments. The moment the camera has taken the picture of the smiling family, the kids begin to kill each other!
Yes, the butterflies and rainbows of life are all around us. I have barely touched the surface of the list. However, if you think about it, butterflies and rainbows offer us another chance to enjoy and indulge in the moment without a thought for the future.
To all of you who, like me, arre wishing that butterflies and rainbows would stick around, I say : "Rise up! Enjoy the moment! Your bills are paid. Don't be ashamed to call yourself organized (for now). Check your cupboards for that stash of food you hid after the last shopping trip. Who needs cereal when you can have cookies? Leave the dusting for a day and play... on the computer! The moment is right now, right here..."
Ahem...ok I'll get off my soapbox now, and go chase the butterfly of paperwork.

Comments
I feel like I'm in a big comfy chair and you are entertaining me with your SUCH INTERESTING ideas, and we are chuckling and laughing, and agreeing while chuckling, and nodding while agreeing, and agreeing while laughing. It feels good.
Thanks so much.
You have a gift of insight which is enviable. Thanks for sharing it. Because you share it with us, then I don't have to envy, I can concentrate on ENJOOYING it ;-) ;-))
I like what goes on in your pretty little head. The first ever picture of you shows you were already THINKING HARD about things. Kind of like you weren't going to let us off the hook til you could UNDERSTAND the elusive...
I wish you rainbows and butterflies....
a plenty!!!