White Space
A book I read at my in-laws this week had an interesting concept. It was called "Sleeping with Bread". It talked about the idea of doing the 'examen' every day. The examen is a way of looking over the day and being thankful for what you are thankful for, and examining what you are not grateful for, to see if you will have any direction in your life as a result. I have been trying to do this ever since I read the book - to see if it will make a difference. So here's my answers for today. What am I most grateful for today? - that I was able to get a few things accomplished that have been on my list for a long time.
What am I most "not" grateful for today? - that my holiday is drawing to a close.
What can I learn from the "not grateful" list? I constantly need to reexamine my priorities. Being on holiday has allowed me to look at that again. I like being able to have more freedom to order my days when I don't have so many things on my plate. I like the feeling of being more laid back about schedules rather than having to hustle off to places. I would like in the future to be able to have more "white space" in my life.
What about you? How would you answer those questions?
Comments
Grateful for: great friends.
Not grateful for: RAIN!!
What can I learn from the 'not grateful' list?? I need a warm, sunny holiday...with great friends, maybe! ;)
From one who knows
D'O