Say Whaat?



  • This is a comment on the topic of things that make you turn to the person next to you and say "WHAAAAATTTT????"

  • I was watching one of those shows (I hate to admit it's a reality show...but that's where I stop in my revelation of which show) where the contestants are being interviewed throughout the show. One of the contestants said "They (the show's organizers) don't realize how much I want (to win). I not only want it, I DESIRE it. " Don't you think that repeating the same idea is just a little redundant?
  • And from a personal note, some of you know that I have a propensity to call objects by names that aren't their names. My family often stops in the middle of the conversation to try and decipher "just what did she mean this time"? So picture this. My husband and I are having a cup of tea. The teapot is not on the table. I see something on the table that needs attention. I say "Lift the teapot up". He is sitting at the table; makes a desperate glance around at the objects on the table, sees nothing that resembles the teapot and lifts the sugar bowl up for me. Now, that's what you call a loving husband. Understands nothing of what his wife is saying and tries to oblige her anyway.
  • But then again, he has his moments too. On Saturday (the day of the torrential downpour), he decided to install the watering system in the barn. He dragged himself in after hours out there. He was totally soaked, cold and sore. Much later, he comments on the day : "it was just too wet outside to do the pruning". Hmmm ...... Riiighhht!
  • And then there's another relative of mine who absolutely hates daylight saving time who wondered why anyone would get up to change the clocks at two in the morning when the time change arrived. Uh yeah...Pass the blond hair color kit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom