My Mind and Other things I have lost

I am beginnning to worry about myself.
At least four times in the last week, I have mixed up appointments, sent cheques without signing them, and posted letters without stamping them.

It is embarrassing to phone the company and rearrange the schedule that you never had in the first place
(Oh, we have you down as coming Next Week...).
Or to wake up in a panic thinking "I have to get out the door", when really, you could have slept in the extra twenty minutes.
Or to have to write a little note with the cheque in a second envelope apologizing for not signing it in the first place. It gives a whole new twist to "the cheque is in the mail" now doesn't it?

I wonder if there is a medic alert bracelet for "stressed brain syndrome."
I guess I will just have to carry around pictures of my family so I will know that I have them. [Or hire a personal assistant to take care of those details while I go and get a massage. ]

And then there are the embarrassing things that happen in life that defy explanation. Like buying a pair of jeans and forgetting to take the tag off. Oh yes! And to top it off, not discovering it until the evening is over. Oh heh heh ...look at that! Now everyone knows my waist size.....

And why would a grown woman even think that she could avoid one step of the dressing process and leave her shoes on while pulling on jeans.
For those of you who have never tried this, I will tell you right now, that once you pull the jean leg up, there is no possible way to get it off because you just can't bend that way. God did not design our bodies to look like pretzel.
I am certain that nothing beats walking to your neighbour's house with one pant leg hanging, to ask if she can help you pull off your jeans. Especially if you have never really talked to your neighbour before.
"Hello, I hardly know you , but could you help me get my jeans off?"

Then there was the time when we were renting the upper floor of a house and I thought I would do some baking.
First of all, anytime I bake, I feel virtuous just for the fact that I am turning on the oven.
A few minutes later a pleasant aroma wafted up to my nostrils.
I was quite pleased to think that I had inspired the lady downstairs to bake as well.
Then I opened the oven to discover the cupcakes that I had put in the oven a week before - and my immediate thought was "I knew I had made more cupcakes".


Ah well, as the old song says "Help Me Rhonda, help help me Rhonda".

Comments

Jefiner said…
So Im thinkng myself. hey you could hire me to be your personnal assistant. Cuz well I am always around when Im not out and well I love doing erronds with you. So why couldn't you hire me???? hehe
I always need toknow what's next.
Love Me
austinclan said…
Hi Marni,

I am a faithful reader of your blog even though I often do not leave any comments...I enjoy seeing what you have been up to...I thought of you today as I used my new Bissell Steam Cleaner! We have to get together real soon. I will give you a call in the next couple of weeks to try and set up a time!

Warmly,

Shona

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom