Days of Glory
Sometimes you get a glimpse of "Future Life". I did yesterday. It was Chad's birthday. I bought the gift. My middle son said "we should make a scavenger hunt for Daddy". I told him to go ahead if he wanted b/c I didn't have time to do that.
He got out
the camera and made picture clues. Daddy had to figure out where on
the property it was and go find the next clue. ON the clue,
was a letter. The letters were scrambled and Daddy had to figure out what they meant. Then Daddy had to dig through the sawdust to uncover his present where there was a dolly waiting to take it back up to the house.
It sure saved on wrapping paper! Although, my printer is now out of ink!
He had such a good time putting it together. I thought it was very creative. Especially the way he took pictures of familiar sites in unusual ways.
I think he takes after me....
He got out
He had such a good time putting it together. I thought it was very creative. Especially the way he took pictures of familiar sites in unusual ways.
I think he takes after me....
Comments
Middle son will ALWAYS remember how hard he worked at putting that together; and you benefit from watching him mature with that creativity and generosity towards his dad; and he gains from a renewed sense of connection with his dad; and his dad feels spoiled at all that attention lavished on him; and everyone who gets to tag around with the "birthday boy" while he figures out his clues, kind of gets a little nostalgic and jealous and excited (all rolled into one) at someone wanting to create such a unique "presentation" of a gift (and mind you, the gift itself is a big piece of the wonderment too).
Well done, ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!
and xoxox from Moi p.s. the word verification is jyzmqluv, which is so very appropriate. Jazz-Mc-Luv..... :-)