Good For Me!
I just have to share this really great tip which has "Revolutionized My Life" (not really, but all good commercials start with that don't they?). Best of all, I thought of it all on my own, without reading a great magazine article about it. ( you can send me a cheque for $19.99 plus shipping and handling after you finish reading this)
You know how you get information about all kinds of websites that will change your life? They are always written on little pieces of paper -which you usually find in the bottom of your purse, or under the seat in the vehicle, or perhaps at the bottom of of the birdcage.
Well, I have started a Word file to keep track of them - not that I look at them more often, but it's just nice to have...kind of like finding 15$ in a winter coat pocket when you take it out for the season.
Whenever, I get the information (for instance, how to log on and order DVDs from the library, or the file number to use if I want to register for a continuing education course) I transfer it to the Word File and then all I have to do is call up the file to look it up rather than cleaning out my purse, or the birdcage.
If you are going to do this, I would recommend naming it something really funky so that every time you open up your files, you will be reminded of just how clever you are to have that file and know where all those cool websites are. (something like "Clever Ideas", or "Gold Star for Me" or "Man, am I ever smart!" would be my suggestions.)
In the file, you can also keep important numbers for those endless forms you have to fill out that require the same information (i.e. birthdates, medical numbers, etc.). It saves you rooting around in your wallet for the same, or asking your husband (who is usually within one or two days of naming the right date.)
Every time I use the information on it, I think to myself. "Boy, that was a GOOD idea!" Good for me! I should blog about it and pass the idea on. NOW, I have!
GOOD FOR ME!
You know how you get information about all kinds of websites that will change your life? They are always written on little pieces of paper -which you usually find in the bottom of your purse, or under the seat in the vehicle, or perhaps at the bottom of of the birdcage.
Well, I have started a Word file to keep track of them - not that I look at them more often, but it's just nice to have...kind of like finding 15$ in a winter coat pocket when you take it out for the season.
Whenever, I get the information (for instance, how to log on and order DVDs from the library, or the file number to use if I want to register for a continuing education course) I transfer it to the Word File and then all I have to do is call up the file to look it up rather than cleaning out my purse, or the birdcage.
If you are going to do this, I would recommend naming it something really funky so that every time you open up your files, you will be reminded of just how clever you are to have that file and know where all those cool websites are. (something like "Clever Ideas", or "Gold Star for Me" or "Man, am I ever smart!" would be my suggestions.)
In the file, you can also keep important numbers for those endless forms you have to fill out that require the same information (i.e. birthdates, medical numbers, etc.). It saves you rooting around in your wallet for the same, or asking your husband (who is usually within one or two days of naming the right date.)
Every time I use the information on it, I think to myself. "Boy, that was a GOOD idea!" Good for me! I should blog about it and pass the idea on. NOW, I have!
GOOD FOR ME!
Comments